Friday, July 11, 2008

The Xander Days of Summer!

My oh my how life is busy these days. As I quickly approach the ripe old age of 8 months, I am shocked by the swift development of my skills. Within a very short period I have gone from rolling around this place to get stuff, to sitting up unassisted, to doing what mom and dad call a "tripod" (check out the video), to pushing myself up to sitting, and finally a military crawl. Not only that, but it seems that the parents really have fun when I do something that they are doing. So I've been picking up this thing where I wave my arm and hand when they do, they seem to like it a lot. Everyone else does too, they say its "cute." Not really sure what that means, but I hope it's good. Sometimes I choose to copy sounds, but they seem to want it too bad, so I don't do it all the time. Why do I have to learn their language, why can't they learn mine? Food is getting interesting. Lots of stuff in my diet now, not just cereal and carrots. I've had mangoes, bananas, apples, sweet potatoes (which I love), butternut squash, broccoli, onions, peas, peaches, yogurt and corn. Corn is a no go, I got all splotchy with it so I'll have to wait for a bit, but it was delicious. I've also been trying tiny pieces of salmon and tilapia, which aren't too bad. I've been working on feeding myself tiny cheese bits and cheerios. It's much more entertaining though to hit my tray and watch them go flying in the air. I know what I don't like . . . avocados! You may ask how I know this, well when was the last time you projectile vomited something you love? That's what I thought. I've been starting to get some "formula" in my bottle, of which I'm not a huge fan. Mommy was sick for a little while and the "liquid gold" dried up a bit, plus I'm a bit on the slender side and they want me to bulk up. I'm glad they are doing it the au natural way, I'm not into the whole steroid scene. They have performance enhancing drug tests at daycare and I don't want to get fined--even though I want to impress everybody there. I love daycare and Liane loves to have me. I'm pretty excited though to see mommy or daddy when they come to pick me up. All in all, things are going well. I've gone swimming a couple of times and I don't know what to think about my new froggy pool. I'm not a huge fan of swimming in the large mouth of an amphibian. Just a bit too sketchy for me at this point since I'm sure I'm a tasty morsel. Anyway, that's the updated Tales from the Crib, check ya later.

X

No comments: